Planted More Sunflowers and Watched Fireworks

Yesterday my sisters and I put out the flags at the bridge. I then went over and helped Tommy Oesch set up for his big July 3rd party because he helps me with my cows and stuff, so this helps pay him back. I helped put stuff up and get stuff out and ready. I was over there for a long time helping. Mom and dad and my sisters were home cleaning the farm house up and taking care of tools. I filled water tanks down at the pasture and some at the farm. I fed the steers there grain throughout the day whenever I went into the barn. Later I went out to the garden and worked on putting the sunflower seeds that had sprouted into the ground. Melanie helped me by writing down what ones went where, so I can keep track of what I planted and where it is. I put 37 sprouts in the ground and worked on digging some more hole, but it began to rain, so I came inside until it was done, and then my sisters and I went and got the flags. Also, overnight one of the wild sunflowers that replanted itself from last year, bloomed already. I don't think I have ever had a sunflower bloom this early ever. 

Today we went and put out the flags at the bridge. I later went out to the garden and planted the remaining sprouted sunflowers. That makes another 41 seeds I planted now which brings my total plants planted up to 185. I am starting to think maybe I got carried away this year. I went back over and helped set up for their party and then once everything was ready, I swam in the lake, slid down the huge slip-n-slide, and also zip lined into the lake. We caught a wood chuck in the hay field in the conibear, so I took care of it. I fed the steers 10 scoops of grain and a bale of hay. Before dark, we went and got the flags and put them inside for the night. Tommy put on a great firework show which lasted 31 minutes.  



Comments