Getting Jobs Done

Yesterday I went and weed wacked the rest of the brush, vines, grass, and trees away from pasture fence line at Jamie Poll's. I brought Mel along with me and she picked raspberries off the bush before I cut them down. Later after I finished I came home and then got ready to go over to the lake. I helped tear down the big slip-n-slide and haul it off to the dumpsters at the dairy. I helped drain the water bladders for the end of the slide and also help Tommy take care of all the firework tubes. My sisters and I swam in the lake with our cousins for a while before coming home. Dad did some more work on the arch tonight he said. 

Today I went and checked traps with Paige and also checked in the shack to see what dad had done. He had the arch in line where he wanted it and also had the chimney base on as well. At the farm I dumped out the steers algae water and put in a clean tank. I began to fill it and then fed them some grain. I came home and then worked on weeding my sunflowers. Another one of the wild sunflowers I had transplanted to the garden had bloomed its flower too. I went back up and shut the water off and fed them some more grain. I forked over most of the straw that was in the bigger of the two small pens into the big pen where the steers are to bed them. I did this because the humidity has really been coming out of the ground and the straw on the concrete floor has absorbed that and started to mold. I spreaded out the straw in the big pen and then came home and finished weeding my flowers. Dad rototilled the whole garden and pulled weeds too. He had to fix the rototiller at the farm earlier today because it wasn't working right again. Dad went and shoveled a bunch of dirt up on the potatoes, to allow them to produce more potatoes. I went back up to the farm later and fed the steers another bale and some more grain. I went down to the pasture and tossed 3 of the fly traps in a trash bag and then put them in the dumpster and then put it out at the road. 




Comments