Great Way to End The Month

 

Today I went over to my neighbors house and continued working on weed wacking along the pasture fence. I got a lot of fence done in the cooler part of the morning, but once the sun came out it got hot. I came back home and dad was getting honey stuff ready. We had gotten some honey which has not been filtered, so we put it through a strainer to catch anything. I worked on filled 2lb jars of honey and also some honey bears. I poured almost 10 gallons of honey into containers this afternoon. Mom later filled the smallest bottles of honey we sell. 

I went out to the tin barn and got the lawn mower started and drove it up to the farm. I pulled it into the shop and got it jacked up off the ground so I could take the blades off. I took them off and dad sharpened them. I put them back on and then pulled the mower outside where I checked the tire pressures and blew off all the dirt and grass from the deck. I went and began mowing the sides of the road, so they look nice for the holiday weekend. As I mowed, dad went along with a weed whip and cleaned up around the road signs and around the culverts the mower can't reach. 

After I finished mowing the roadside, I filled water tanks down at the pasture. I fed them a scoop of grain while I was down there and then went up to the farm and fed the steers a 5 gallon bucket full of grain. Later tonight we had a campfire and friends and neighbors over for some fireworks and to show off our garden. There was also a great sunset tonight. 



Comments