Borrowing A Baler To Get The Job Done

 

Today I went up to the farm and filled water tanks for the cows. I left to go get gas in my car, but there was a dead deer in the road, so I dragged it off the side, so it wouldn't get splattered. I also through a palm sized snapping turtle back into the swamp which was trying to cross the road. Later I stopped by Bruce Wingeier's house and asked to borrow his square baler since ours is broken. He took me around back and showed me where it was. I came home and did some other work, and then I grabbed a air tank and filled it up. I drove the 584 down the road to get the baler. I aired up the left side tire and then hooked up to it and made sure everything was good to go. I brought it up to the farm and backed it up by the shop where I blew it all off and greased it all up. Mom went over to the cemetery and planted flowers at headstones. I came home and worked on some stuff and when dad got home, we went up to the farm and he checked out the baler to make sure everything was good to go. We got hooked back up to the wagon in the field and started baling. We finished baling the top portion of the hay field, so we unhooked the wagon. I went and baled the hill side which gave us 26 more bales that were left on the ground. Later in the evening we put up 2 loads of hay in the barn. I pulled one load into the barn and then fed my cows hay and some grain. 



Comments