Hay Hay Hay

 

This morning I went up to the farm and unhooked the wagon from the square baler and then square baler from the 784. I brought the 784 over to the pasture hay field where the haybine was. I went to check the hay in the front field, but it was soaking wet from all the frost, so I will have to wait until it drys off before I rake it. I checked on the cows and fed them some hay that they had thrown out. Later dad and I came up to the farm and he worked on wire wheeling the fertilizer augers from the corn planter to get all the corrosion off. Dad and I took off his truck truck topper and set it on an old wagon. I went to try and start the 584, but it was dead. I came home and got the jumper cables and then used dad's truck to jump it. I began to rake the field at 8:50 and dad got the 784 hooked up to the haybine. I shut the tractor off for a little bit and was unable to restart it, so I had to get the extension cord and the battery charger to start it again. Dad mowed the 4 acre field and finished about the same time I finished raking. 

I brought the rake over to the other field and unhooked it. I parked the tractor by the shop and then we came home. We began working on the garden. Dad got out t-posts and hog fence while I unwound the strings on the stakes to mark where stuff is planted. I ran a very long string across the front of the garden and planted zinnias there. I raked them in and then I got the hose out and watered them. Dad pounded in posts and wired on the hog fence which stands up, so the tomato plants will grow up through them and be easier to pick tomatoes. Mom took dad's truck over to the Caledonia Farmers Elevator to pick up my steer feed. I went up to the farm and got the 784 and drove over to the back hay field. I hooked up to the load of square bales and brought them up to the farm. I worked on putting the loader tractor on the 784 while dad headed over to the back field. I took the forks off and put on little stub forks that the bale spear sits on. I brought over the empty hay wagon and dad was working on round baling the hill. I had to go to the farm and get some more hydraulic fluid to add to the 766. I loaded up the first bale onto the wagon and then I let him bale the other 3. He went to load up the last bale and he blew a hydraulic hose, so he had to go get a new one from the store. 

I brought home the round baler and 766 and parked in the yard at the farm. I came home and waited for dad to get back with the new hose, and then he headed back over. I brought the 584 over and hooked up to the last empty wagon and we drove along the hay that dad did not bale up on the hill and toss it onto the wagon. I brought the wagon load of loose hay to the farm and dad brought the wagon load of round bales to the farm as well. I filled water tanks at the pasture and fed the cows lots of loose hay at the farm. 

Me Raking the Front Field While Dad Cut Hay 










Comments