Got The Maple Syrup Arch Home and Some Hay Equipment Greased Up

 

This morning Paul Seese came over and had breakfast with us. After eating we loaded up some stuff into dad's truck and then we headed up to the farm where I hooked the trailer onto his truck. He backed it up to the shop and I checked the tire pressures. We put some ratchet straps, rollers, dollys, tow straps, tank bars, a come-a-long (winch), and a sheet of plywood. We headed up to Blanchard and when we got there, we look the situation over and we went to work loading it onto the trailer. We first got the arch jacked up onto some dollys and then we swiveled it to be in line with the trailer. All the weight is in the front of the arch where the fire brick is. We took the back gate of the trailer off and also took the arch door off. We got the back end jacked up high and began to back the trailer under it. To get the trailer lower, we set some blocks of wood down and used 2 metal beams as a ramp which raised the hitch, lowering the rear of the trailer. 

After backing up as far as we could, we put tow straps around the back end and pulled it up onto the trailer using the come-a-long. We placed the rollers under the arch as it came onto the trailer and slowly brought it up to the front of the trailer. We had to use the tank bars to lift the arch up to get the rollers in and out of there. Once it was on we took out all the rollers, put the plywood on top where some ash was, and strapped down everything. We put the tools back in the truck and also the arch door.



When we got home we loaded up an air compressor and tank into Paul's truck. He left and we took a little break. Later I went up to the farm with the mini bike and unhooked the brush hog from the 584 and put the landscape rake on it. I brought it up to the house for dad and then I brought my tractor up to the farm. I aired up the tire on the tedder fluffer and then hooked it up to my tractor and pulled it over to the shop. I greased all the grease zerks and made sure everything was good to go before I brought it over to the hay field we had just cut. I unhooked it over at the field and came back to the house to get the hay rake. I brought it to the farm where I greased everything up on it and was about the bring it over to the field, but it had a little too much movement in the wheels. I worked on finding a washer big enough to fit over the shaft and also fill in the gap that was there. I eventually stopped for the day and went back to the woods with the mini bike. Dad had groomed all the trails in the woods and now they are nice and smooth. I drove around them all for a while and followed him around. I fed Margie her scoop of grain and also the other cows and steers in the pasture. I went out to look for the little calf, because that was the only one that did not come up. I couldn't find him, so I flew my drone out and found him eventually. He was a little tiny black dot in the tall grass. 



Comments