Fluffed Hay and Planted Sweet Corn

 

Today I went with mom to help restock our syrup at the Big O' Smokehouse. We stopped by the Caledonia Farmers Elevator to get some chicken feed and also ask about steer feed to fatten up my steers. We learned some valuable information, and then we headed home. I later brought over the 584 to the hay field and tried hooking up to the tedder up to it. I could not figure out how to get the PTO shaft onto the tractor, I tried a lot different things. I ended up coming back to the farm and working on the hay rake. I had to grind down the washer because it was too thick, but I got it on and fixed the issue on the rake a little. I brought it over to the field with me and then tried again on the PTO, but no luck. Dad stopped by on his way home from work and got it put on for me. I was pushing the wrong thing on the shaft that holds the spring, when I was supposed to pull on the one that would compress the spring. Oh well... I started to fluff the hay at 2:30. The tedder picks the hay up and fluffs it so air can get under it and dry it out faster. There is another kind of tedder that spreads out the hay across the whole field, so it is all exposed to the sun and air helping it dry faster as well. After I finished 65 minutes later, I brought it back to the farm and unhooked it in the yard. Dad had cultimulched the garden again because weeds were already growing up. Dad was working on the corn planter greasing it up and making sure everything was good to go. Mom was filling water tanks for me since I was busy. Dad had taken the loader off the 784 and had the planter hooked to it. When he went up to the house to plant, we added seed and fertilizer and then he did a test run to get the stuff moving, but the pin on the shaft that rotated some of the components had broke, so he had a difficult time punching it out and putting a new pin in. He ended up breaking the punch off in the hole, which is now the pin holding it together I guess. He planted the sweet corn and then brought it back up to the farm and set it in the barn. Later I fed the cows and steers at the farm some hay, and I closed up the barns. 





Comments