Trimming Trees

Today I got the 584 started and I pulled the spreader away from the barn where I unhooked it in the driveway. I went up to the farm and began to hook up to the brush hog. I had to go looking around for a top link to connect the brush hog to the tractor. I brought it up to the house and brush hogged the garden where zinnia and sunflowers stalks were. I came back to the farm and unhooked it and dad was working on moving some stuff out of the field with the 784. I fed the cows some hay and then I came back to the house and hooked back up to the spreader and then I drove it up to the garden where I parked it. Dad had drove the 784 down to the crick and was coming up to the house. I went and checked the traps and there was nothing in them. Dad went and spreaded the poop on the garden and then brought it up to the farm and put it away. I went up and we got the sliding door put back on the track and then dad went down to the crick and started cutting down some trees. I came up to the house with some impact sockets and a breaker bar. I worked on getting the square baler tire put back on after it had been taken off to replace a while back. We took a break and then we put together some shelving. We both went down to the crick later and I drove the tractor which had a long tow rope attached to a tree leaning towards the crick. Dad cut the tree down and I drove away with it all at once. Dad and I both dragged the trees over to our burn pile, and dad cut up some of the good wood and set it aside. He used the 784 to push the tops and pieces up onto the burn pile as I continued to bring them over. Dad went on the other side of the crick and was getting ready to cut the other trees down.

I was still working on the east side of the crick while he was on the west when I noticed he was walking around where I had put the conibear trap. I called him and he said he found cause it was on his foot. In the end he was lucky because for some reason, one of the springs was still locked so it wouldn't open. He was able to squeeze the other spring and get his foot out of the trap. So far I have gotten 4 woodchucks and a dad now. We took out a few more trees on the west side and I helped drag them over to our other burn pile. We brought the tractors up to the farm and I put the 784 away while dad hooked up our landscape rake to the 584. He went back to the woods with it and began to groom the trails so they were cleaned up and also to help get rid of ruts. Later my sister and I drove mini bikes back to go through the trails and be in the woods. We came back and I went up to the farm and fed the cows some more bales of hay and also fed some grain. I tossed down a bunch of straw and then I got the cows out of the pen, so I could spread the straw everywhere. I opened another bag of mineral for the cows and then I let them in. Dads project he made the other day was out of scrap metal and old wheels and stuff, he had me bring it up to the house to show people what he built. In the evening, the winds calmed way down to nothing, so I got some nice drone pics. 

Dad's Little Project





Comments

Post a Comment