Trapping Woodchucks

Today after work I went up to the farm to check on my cows. I tossed in some hay for them and then I drove to the back hay field to check the traps. The first trap I checked by the crick had a woodchuck in it, so I put it in the back of the side by side and then buried the holes back up. I went up to the other trap and that one too had a woodchuck in it. I shoveled in all the dirt into the holes and then I headed back. I drove through the field again and buried a few holes had missed the other day. I drove down to the crick behind our house and checked that trap, and it also had a woodchuck in it. I brought all them up to the house and then Mel helped me lock the springs in while I compressed them, so we could get the animal out of the trap. I went and overlooked the field where I saw the woodchuck yesterday, and I saw it again. This time we went down to the crick and put a trap over one of the holes and filled the others in. I also put one on a big hole in the field. We disposed of the animals, and then we went back to the woods to see what dad was up to. He had hooked up to our Harley trailer which is an enclosed trailer and was used to bring back the glass bottles for syrup season. He had also filled up the spare front syrup pan with the water and pan cleaner so it too could be cleaned. My sisters and I drove over to the hole on the side of the hill in the woods, and it was dug out, so I went and set the last trap. We came up to the farm and I fed my cows some hay and then dad started working on a little project in the shop. I bedded the cows with straw and then we came home and I made dinner. Later Mel and I went up to the farm and got some pitchforks and I also fed the cows some grain. We came home and went down to the chicken coop and began to shovel out poop through the little door into the crate. Dad helped a little bit and he started throwing some out the window into the spreader. We just stoked the fire tonight because there was plenty of wood in it since we aren't using the heat in 80 degree weather. I later went down to the coop and closed up the doors and put the window back in before going to the farm and feeding some hay and closing the doors. 




Comments