Rolled Another Field

Today I went up to the farm and checked on the cows. I fed them their hay they had pushed out and then I fed Margie a scoop of grain. I opened the doors back up again as today is going to be a lot nicer. Later in the morning we sold 10 bales of hay to a lady, so I had to toss them down from upstairs. I got the 584 out and hooked it up to the sap wagon that was in the barnyard. I brought it up to the house and I began to fill it with water. I came back up to the farm where I got on the 784 and drove over to the other hay field which I call the pasture hay field because it was originally pasture when they had dairy cows. I rolled the field and then after that was done, I rolled the rest of the farm's yard where I could fit. 

I brought the roller back behind the shop and unhooked it. I put the tractor away and then came up to the house with the side by side. Dad had gone back to the woods with the sap wagon and flooded the syrup pans and was on his way up, so I had to go pick up from the farm. We then drove back to the woods and put 2 jugs of pan cleaner in which we will let sit for a few days. I gathered up two canvas tarps that were back there and then we drove through the woods for a little bit. I found a big woodchuck hole in the side of the hill, so I shoveled sand back in the hole. We came home and then got ready to have an oyster party. We brought home a bushel of oysters from Florida. We had quite a few people show up and we all had a good time. I also make oyster rockefeller on the grill for others who don't like them raw. It's just butter, lemon juice, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese. I went up and fed the cows hay and closed up the doors later at night. I put 26 pieces of wood on the fire. 



Comments

Post a Comment