Plowed The Garden

 

Today I went up to the farm and fed the cows a couple bales of hay. I fed grain to the one cow and then fed the cats some food too. Dad worked on cleaning up some stuff around the barns and shop while I was up there. I came home and worked on some stuff inside for a little bit. It was chilly today with it only being in the lower 40s. Mel help me dig up the onions that had come up from last year and put them in a wheel barrow. Paige and I came up to the farm later and we got the brush hog put on the 584 tractor for dad. We put away some 55 gallons barrels in the barn and then I tossed in the hay the cows had pushed out. We sat with the calves for a little bit before coming home. Dad went back to the farm later and brush hogged a path along the lane behind the farm and along the crick. I pulled my car into the shop and did an oil and filter change on it. Dad then went along and pulled any old broken and rotted railroad ties from the lane's fence line so they could be picked up later. He had to pull the staples from the rail road ties which held the barbed wire to them. I did a couple of them while he went to look for some fence stretcher. Mom worked on the flower beds and finishing up the one up against the house. Dad was unable to find the fence stretchers, so I came up to the house and looked through the barns for them. I did find them, so I brought them up to the farm. Dad was just getting ready to come up to the house with the 766 and plow, so I went up to the house again. I watched him as he plowed the garden under which is always fascinating. Plowing is a dying art unfortunately because most people are going to no-till methods of farming. After he was done we came up to the farm and got the plow unhooked next to the head chute. Dad got some chains and brought the 766 back behind the farm and over the crick where he went to the top of the hill and began to pull trees out. While he did that, I bedded the cows with the last bit of the 8th round bale of straw. I then drove the 784 back to where he was and moved all the trees into a pile to burn later. After he was done for the day, we got the tractors put away, and then came home. Later I went up to the farm and fed the cows some hay for the night and also fed some more grain. I put 12 huge pieces of wood on the fire for the night. 






Comments