Got A Couple Things Done

Today my sister and I went around and checked traps, but nothing was in them. I came up to the farm and fed the cows some hay and also fed the cats. I came back home to work on some stuff. Dad took the 584 back with the landscape rake and cleaned up the paths in the woods behind the farm. Paige and I burnt leaves and dead grass that mom had raked from the hill on the ditch. It started to rain as we were finishing up burning. Dad had gone over to the back hay field with the 784 and moved the trees that had fallen into the field out. He also pushed some trees and limbs that had fallen into another crop field to the side. I put 10 pieces of wood on the fire before coming inside. With it raining, we were inside for a bit. Later dad went down to the crick to see if anything was in the traps, but instead of there being anything in the trap, he saw a woodchuck 50 yards or so from him in the grass. He took a shot at it and went over to where it was. He got the one I've been trying to get for some time now. Later after dinner we went for a ride back to the woods and then up to the farm. I opened up a new round bale of straw and bedded the cows with it while dad threw a bunch of hay down the steps. I fed 4 bales of hay, and then we came home. Dad put 8 pieces of wood on for the night. 

Comments