Disced and Dragged The Garden

Today Dad and I brought in a load of scrap metal to the scrap yard. On our way home we had to stop by work so he could fix a machine. After that we headed home and unhooked the trailer at the farm. We got home and then I went out to the tin barn so I could start mowing. I checked the oil in both of the mowers and then I got the mower I normally use and began to mow the yard around the house. I mowed the ditches along the road by the house and then I began to mow the edges and around buildings when the belt broke on the mower that turns the blades. I went up to the farm to see if we had a spare belt, but we did not. I came back home and we had to use a battery charger to start the other mower. I got it pulled out and then I put gas in it. I went to go start mowing where I left off and the front wheel fell off not even 5 feet after starting to mow. The E-clip had come off which holds the wheel on, so dad just took the E-clip off the other mower with the broken belt and then I put it on this mower. I mowed the yards around the house, and while I did that, dad disced the garden using the 584. The disc breaks up any of the use clumps of dirt and chops up plant stalks. After he did that he brought it back up to the farm and then hooked up to the drag. He then dragged the garden which helps break up the dirt a little more and it also smooths it out, so it is all uniform.

After I finished mowing around the house, I mowed up to the farm as well. I was cutting close with time, because the rain was coming and it started to sprinkle when I was finishing up. Dad brought up a few loads of split wood and dumped them by the lean-to so they could be stacked. After I finished mowing, I put the mower back in the barn and got on a mini bike to go check the conibear trap back in the woods. I got another woodchuck, so I brought it up to the house for dad to take out of the trap. I went up to the farm and fed the cows 3 square bales of hay and a scoop of grain. I bedded them with a lot of straw and I also noticed that dad filled water tanks for me. I came home and put 20 pieces of wood on the fire. 




Comments