Cleaned Chicken Coop

Today I went out and checked the traps. I got the woodchuck that was back in the woods, so I buried its hole back up and then reset the trap on the edge of the woods over another hole. I drove up to the farm and dad was just heading up to the house with the 784. He dumped the chicken poop that was in the crate into the manure spreader before bringing the crate up to the farm. A guy showed up with his trailer to buy hay, so I had him back up to the door and then dad and I threw down hay onto the trailer while he stacked it. He got 100 bales and then he left. I came home and mom and dad stayed at the farm. Mom filled the water tanks for the cows for me while she was up there. Later my sisters and I went down to the chicken coop and began to pitch out the chicken poop. The girls broke up the layers and I used a pitch fork to throw it out the window into the spreader. It took us a while, but we got it all finished and cleaned up. A year's worth of chicken poop sure adds up because we got almost a full spreader load. We went up to the farm and I fed the cows 4 bales of hay and fed them some grain. I went to close up the door, but it decided to come off the track. There are two pieces of track the rollers go on, so they ended up not lining up causing the rollers to go of the track. We will have to fix it later when we have light to work with. Dad worked on getting the fire going back in the wood burner because it went out. He had to also replace a spring which would open up a door for air to get into the burner. We needed the fire to keep going right now because it heats our water, and without it we would not have hot water at the tap.  



Comments

  1. Love the pictures. Almost time to come out and walk thru the woods to see all the spring flowers. Love this time of year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment