Happy St. Patrick's Day

 

4 ft. by 5 ft. Round Bale of Straw

Today I fed the cows in the morning before heading to work, and I fed them again when I came home. I swept up all the hay and chaff that was on the ground at the time and fed it to them. It rained all night and morning, so I cleaned up the house inside because the weather isn't ideal to be working in today. I came up to the farm later and threw down the last of the round bale hay which I fed them. I opened up a new round bale of straw as well, which required me to just cut the net wrap off and roll it over until it all came off. I worked on cleaning up and organizing the old bull pen in the barn where we stored our sap buckets and other things. I came home for corn beef with cabbage, potatoes, and carrots with a dessert of key lime pie. Our neighbor, Sue Clay, joined us and made the key lime pie for dessert. I came back up later and fed my cows hay for the night, and then I bedded them lightly with some straw. I put 27 pieces of wood on the fire for the night and then emptied the ash into the bucket. 

Comments

Post a Comment