Fixed Up The Fence


Today I got up and made breakfast for my mom and I. After that I headed up to the farm to check on the cows. I fed Margie a scoop of grain and then threw in hay for everyone. I locked the cows and steers inside the big pen, and then I went and got the 584 started. Dad had charged the battery on it, so this time it started right up. I got a few chains out and put them on the 3 point arms to carry them out to the field. I unhooked the fence panel and then backed up to the square bale feeder in the area outside the barn where the cows go on the dirt. I hooked some chains up to the square bale feeder and then began to pull it forward away from the fence. I then unhooked and adjusted my angle, and then I pulled it sideways even farther away from where it was. I did this because where it was had turned into a giant soup bowl of mud, and the cows had thought it would be a good idea to go between it and the fence, so they snagged the electric fence and broke some plastic posts. After that was done, I put the tractor away and then hooked the fence panels back together. I started at the beginning of the electric fence and got it all straightened out and untangled. I put some new posts in and got the wire put up and all put back to the way it should be. After that I put away some stuff I had left out from yesterday, and then I came home. I stoked the fire and dumped a bucket of ash in the garden. Later in the afternoon I went back up to the farm because a guy was there needing to look at the electric for the house and the panel in the basement. I came back home and did some schoolwork. When my sisters got home from school, we went into town and got some flowers for mom. We came back home and gave them to her because it is her birthday today. I went up to the farm and threw down some hay to feed the cows, and then I fed another scoop of grain to the cow. Dad got back from the woods after cutting up a giant tree that had come down a long time ago. We will use the wood to refill the sugar shack. I came home and then we got ready to go out to eat. Mom was not expecting that, so it was like a surprise. An even bigger surprise was when Paul and Ellen, Greg, Karen, and Sue showed up to the restaurant to celebrate with us. We had a good time with good conversation and lots of laughing. I stopped on the way home and fed the cows for the night and closed up one door. Dad fixed the fire for the night instead of me for once. 

Taken in 2019





Comments

Post a Comment