Combined The Cow And Calf With The Others

Today I went up to the farm and checked on the cows. I threw down 6 bales of hay and fed 4 of them to the cows. I gave Margie her scoop of grain and also sprinkled in a scoop of field corn to keep the other cows busy. Mom was in town this morning, so she picked me up some more grain and mineral for the cows. She stopped by the farm with it and I unloaded the three 80 lb bags and the mineral and put them in the cabinet so animals don't get into it. I swept up a little and threw in some hay and then I came home. It snowed out for a little bit, and by afternoon, it was sunny and no snow on the ground. Later I went up to the farm and my dad helped me move Edie and the calf over to join the others. I had gotten all the other cows out of the big pen for the time being, so the cow and calf could adjust for a moment. Dad tossed over a bunch of bales of hay from the other side of the barn to the steps and then I tossed them downstairs and stacked them up. This is so they can be just thrown in when fed during the day rather than going up and throwing down hay every single day. I came home later and fixed the fire with 28 pieces of wood. A coworker came out to the house to help me save my pictures and stuff to a hard drive, and also give me some pointers on stuff. He is very knowledgeable with computers and stuff unlike me. I later went up to the farm and fed the cows some more bales of hay. I let the cows back into the barn and watched them to see what they would do with the other calf. I gave Margie another scoop of grain and then I closed up the barn doors for the night and put the 584 tractor away. My sisters came up to play with the little calves, now that they can be in the safe zone while being around the calves and not have to worry about the moms being protective. 

Comments