Cleaning Up Around The Farm and Selling Liquid Gold

 

Today we bottled up the syrup we made last night which added up to be 3 3/4 gallons. That brings the seasonal total up to 184 1/2 gallons and 1 pint of syrup. That is the most we have ever done in a year so far. I worked on washing the filters that were used for last nights syrup and then I went through the dry filters and set aside the ones with a tear or something that needed to be stitched back up. I washed out the milk cans with hot water and then brought the bottled syrup downstairs. Dad had unhooked the sap wagon in the barnyard and then got the loader onto the 784 tractor. He pulled the trailer out of the barn that had the old syrup back pan on it, and got it lifted off the trailer and set on a dolly. He put it in the top of the barn, so it would be out of the way and so we could use the trailer it was on to haul wood. Dad organized the milk house and moved some stuff around. Ben and Whitney Wisner stopped by later and picked up a bunch of syrup, which earlier me and my sisters had brought upstairs from the basement. She put a Facebook post out their for our syrup and she got a lot of replies, so they came and got over 18 gallons of syrup from us to sell to those people. I fed the cows some more of the round bale and then closed up the barns later. I had to put our side by side in the tin barn tonight because there is still stuff in the way from boiling in the garage. I fixed the fire with 21 pieces of wood, and then I came inside for the night. 

Comments