Racing the Storm

(Taken Feb. 26, 2020)

Today was a shorter more confined day. I worked around the sugar shack and farm getting stuff done before the storm came. I went back to the shack and drained the sap from the front pans, put gas in the generator and pump, switched out a propane tank with a new one, cleaned out the ash from under the arch, and tarped the stacked wood we had outside the shack so it would remain dry. Later at the farm, I unrolled the hoses out to the barn and filled water tanks for the cows. I wanted to fill their water before the storm hit, in case we lose power. I also bedded them with straw and began organizing and putting away some of the tools in the shop while the tanks filled. We began getting sleet around 10:00 this morning, and it kept on coming down throughout the day creating slick conditions. After dinner I went up and fed my cows some hay for the night and then came home and fixed the fire with 27 pieces of wood. 



Comments

Post a Comment