Break Time is Over

 


Today I fed the cows a few square bales of hay outside. I filled 1 1/2 water tanks with water and did some other work while they filled. After they finished, I blew the hoses out and hung them back up. I went back to the woods and then checked the buckets to see how full they were. Some were a quarter and others were overflowing. A while later, we began to gather with the help that came out. We got more help later on in the gathering process and things went by pretty quick. We had 12 people, including me, helping gather and collect sap. We ended the night with over 750 gallons of sap which is a good amount. About 9 hours of boiling there just for what we gathered today, so we will have to start boiling tomorrow to stay on top of it. I fed my cows some round bale inside for the night and then fixed the fire with 30 pieces of wood. 

Comments