Got Yards Mowed In Time For The Rain

Yesterday night I walked up and down our road with a trash bag and picked up all the trash I could see. It took me about an hour, and I only got about half a black trash bag. I used to get over 1 1/2 bags full, but luckily this year there was not much. It would be nice though if nobody threw trash out their window. Today I went outside and we had frost on the ground, so I had to wait for the temperature to rise and defrost the yard because if I was to roll the yard, I would have a better chance of damaging the frozen grass and possibly killing some of it. I picked up stuff in the yard and then went down to the crick to check the traps. I came back after a little bit and then checked the oil in the mower and began to roll the yard. It took me a little over an hour to finish rolling the yard at the house, and then I went to get our other mower started which has a wider deck on it which would make mowing go faster. I tried to start it but the battery was dead, so I got the jumper cables and went to start my tractor, but its battery was dead, so instead I used the mower I just used to pull the roller to jump start the other one. I got it started and I let it run for a little bit while I got the air compressor and aired up the tires on it. I checked its oil and saw it needed some, so I came up to the farm and got the oil and came back to add some. I had to jump it again to get it running, and then I mowed the yard around the house, and then I started on our bottom yard in front of the barns when the belt slipped off. I tried to fix it, but it was pretty difficult. I parked it back in the barn and ended up using the smaller mower to mow the grass. I mowed all the grass around the barns and house before going up to the farm with it. I mowed the side of the road going to the farm. I threw in some hay for them cows, and then I mowed the entire farm's grass. From there I came home and put more gas in and then I mowed the ditches/sides of the road. I maintain and take care of our road which we have adopted, so I keep it looking sharp. It took me 1 hour 45 minutes to mow the side of the road and all together today I mowed for over 6 hours. Dad worked on cleaning up old rotted pallets where we used to stack firewood. Later dad and I went out and got the mower belt put back on and fixed. We had to take the whole deck off and slide it out from under the mower to figure out what was the issue. It had just started to rain for the night, so good thing I got my mowing done. We put 20 pieces of wood on the fire and then I went up to the farm to do my cows for the night. I bedded them pretty heavily and then I fed Margie her grain and also fed them 4 bales of hay. 



Swirly Storm Clouds
 


Comments